It was the sale of the belongings of Henry Chernocke Gibbs Brandreth, who died in 1908. He was the last of the Brandreth Family to live in Houghton Regis. It represents an interesting insight to the lives of the family at that time.
In 1913 it seems that Houghton Regis had been forgotten since the sale was advertised as “Houghton Hall, Dunstable”. It is also of note the number of different fonts on one page, something, stylistically probably not seen seen today.